Do you want to know which is the best bath gel, soap and shampoo for babies in 2021? Preparing a good bath with lots of foam for our children is one of the greatest pleasures that we can provide them when they are young, but we must be careful to choose a gel or shampoo that respects their delicate skin.
eye! Hygiene products for newborns and babies of a few months of age must be carefully chosen. His skin is very delicate.
We are going to give you a few tips based on our experience with our twins: one has very sensitive skin. And we realized it very early, when she was a newborn and a lot of bath gels started to make her skin itch.
Babies and children really enjoy being in the water if everything is perfect: water temperature, there are a few toys and the shower gel is adequate.
What kind of baby shampoo and body wash to buy in 2021? The first thing is that it is safe and the second is that it makes a lot of foam.
Let’s choose the best shampoo for your young children: Earth Mama Angel Baby, Weleda Calendula baby wash and Mustela gel. 3 options highly recommended by all types of mothers and fathers. We have tried all three with our little girls, and the truth is that anyone is a very good option. Choose the cheapest.
Didn’t you include the Johnson Shampoo? The truth is that no … Until 2018 the company did not announce that it was going to change the ingredients of its Shampoos for some more natural ones. Literally, Johnson announced that Johnson’s updated line of baby products would feature 50% fewer ingredients than previous ones… and free of sulfates and dyes…. ufff…. What did they wear before? Almost better we use others …
That said, keep in mind one thing: babies and children do not need baths with a lot of gel and bubbles, but it is clear that parents are fascinated by seeing how little ones freak out with them, and it is a good way for the child to want get into the bathtub without making much of a fuss. It is a fun time.
It is also not highly recommended that a baby of a few months be bathed with a lot of gel. We leave this for slightly older children. At least they have to be able to sit and hold themselves in the bathroom (always with us).
It is really important to choose a good bath gel that does not irritate the baby’s skin, especially in those areas that are more sensitive, such as the genitals. A shampoo may be perfect for the hair, but it can irritate the child’s skin, so be very careful with this.
Does a newborn need gel or shampoo?
Newborns do not need gel to be bathed, but when the child begins to move around the house or crawl in the park, many parents want to wash their child with some infant gel. The gel we have chosen is totally safe even for newborns.
What makes a good baby gel?
Basically that it is safe for their health, and not only in the short term (irritations), but also for the rest of their life (possible effects of the chemical compounds present in the gel on the health of the child -how they affect their hormones-) . The fewer chemicals or perfumes the gel has, the better. Children’s bodies are not fully formed and their organs are much more delicate. Translation? They assimilate chemical compounds much worse than adults.
Although the label says “natural”, that does not mean that the gel or shampoo really is (there is a lot of marketing behind it).
Do I need a hair shampoo and body wash? No. There are many baby products that can be used for everything, so we don’t have to spend extra money.
Washing our baby too much
Nor do we have to pass. Newborns do not get dirty, and excessive washing can often be harmful to children’s skin. We can remove the natural protection from the baby’s skin.
- Protects skin from dryness and leaves hair silky smooth and easy to style
- With organic calendula extracts that soothe the skin does not irritate the sensitive eyes of children
- High tolerance confirmed by pediatricians and dermatologists even in hypersensitive skin, atopic dermatitis and cradle cap
- 100% vegetable from biodynamic cultivation
- A better known option and just as good as the previous one. Ideal for children and adults with very dry skin. It fully respects the sensitive skin of the baby and will be perfect for an adult with very sensitive skin. It serves from birth. Leaves skin very soft and hair really silky. Its smell is perfect and does not irritate. Do you hit? It is a bit expensive…
- Calendula vegetable soap for delicate and sensitive skin
- Contains organic calendula and chamomile extracts
- Recommended for children
- It is especially recommended for sensitive skin and is perfect for children: they have to wash their hands so much that in the end they can become irritated if you don’t use the right soap. Contains organic calendula and chamomile extracts.
Yes, they have an excellent bath gel special for children and that does not give allergies like other cheaper gels. Its price is somewhat high, but it lasts a long time and children are often delighted with it.
In our case, one of our daughters has no problem, but the other complains of itchy skin when we use certain gels (usually bought in the supermarket), that is why we have chosen to use a lifelong brand that has this shampoo spectacular:
- A gentle, tear-free cleansing gel
- Serves for hair and skin
- Helps protect skin and hydrate dry skin
- Suitable for daily use from birth
- This mustela gel does not irritate, does not dry the skin and has a very pleasant smell. People usually use it from birth. It does not sting in the eyes, something essential if your child is very young. It is paraben-free, and best of all, this 750ml bottle lasts for a long time. Perfect for all ages.
- We continue to use it for our two 5-year-old girls. It is perfect for all parts of the body, as it does not itch or irritate.
- 1000ml capacity
- Gentle hygiene of the baby’s skin and hair. With proVitamin B5.
- A hypoallergenic gel that has been dermatologically tested. The amount is very good, has a good smell and does not foam too much, perfect for bathing younger children.
- The baby’s skin will be left with a very pleasant feeling of hydration and softness. Perfect for sensitive skin.
- Lately we are starting to use products from this Spanish brand, especially creams, and the truth is they go quite well, both for adults and children. This is the shampoo they propose for babies.
- This extra mild shampoo cares for baby’s hair and helps promote the removal of cradle cap, so it’s perfect for the first few weeks. It does not leave hair grease and it smells great. Perfect for very sensitive skin.
- Size: 160ml
- Virtually organic formula
- Fragrance free
- Possibly the safest baby gel and shampoo you can buy right now. The Environmental Working Group, an association that conducts independent testing of many products for their safety, has rated this gel as completely safe and with a rating of “1”, one of the best scores they can give (it does not contain harmful chemicals). This gel only contains 7 ingredients, and more than 70% are organic.
And not only that, this gel cleans really well, much better than other much more expensive options. This gel is not cheap, but it is the best you can use with your baby if you want to be sure that all its components are perfect for her skin and health.
The bottle works in the right way, since unlike other brands, the soap comes out in the form of a foam, which allows you to control exactly its quantity.
What is the only precaution you have to take with this bath shampoo? You don’t have to worry about analyzing the label on the bottle ad nauseam … no … But worry about something else: your baby will love to hold it in your hand and squeeze infinitely to remove all the foam from the gel … or at least that’s what our twins did when they saw the shampoo bottle. Result? The shower gel can last much less than expected.
What about any soap or gel for babies that they sell in supermarkets?
You can try Mercadona’s bath gel for babies and children. It is quite cheap and works well, even if your child has atopic skin. The brand that makes the gel is Deliplus. We have used it too and the truth is that no problem. Mercadona’s children’s line is quite good in general and its prices are very low.